Sonia Nazario’s work has been discussed in a number of articles, books and blogs on the craft of journalism.
- The Sonia Nazario Series for Writers, Mandy Wallace
- Are we journalists first? Columbia Journalism Review, July-August 2014, Alexis Fitts and Nicola Pring.
- The Ethics of Story: Using Narrative Techniques Responsibly in Journalism, 2006, Rowman and Littlefield Publishers, Inc. David Craig.
- The Intervention Dilemma, American Journalism Review, March 1998, Susan Paterno.
- Covering Violence: A guide to ethical Reporting about Victims & Trauma, by Roger Simpson and William Coté.
- Pulitzer Prize Feature Stories: America’s Best Writing 1979-2003 by David Garlock.
- Feature Writing for Newspapers and Magazines: The Pursuit of Excellence by Edward Jay Friedlander and John Lee.
She has written articles on these topics as well:
- Ethical Dilemmas in Telling Enrique’s Story, Nieman Reports, Fall 2006.
- Ethical Dilemmas in Orphans of Addiction, 2015.
- Telling True Stories: A Nonfiction Writer’s Guide from the Nieman Foundation, edited by Mark Cramer and Wendy Call, published by Penguin Group in 2007, has three chapters by Sonia Nazario: Dealing with Danger; Protecting Your Subject, and Your Story; What About Endnotes? and Transforming 100 Notebooks into 35,000 Words.